What are the supported functions in MMC?
- View shares
- View active CIFS sessions
- View open files
- Enumerate the list of sessions, files and tree connections in the system
- Close open files in the system
- Close open sessions
- Create/manage shares
What functions are not supported in MMC?
- Creating new local users/groups
- Managing/viewing existing local user/groups
- View events or performance logs
- Managing storage
- Managing services and applications
Can users other than Domain Administrators access MMC?
- Yes, users must be added to the BUILTIN\Administrators or BUILTIN\Power Users group
::> vserver cifs users-and-groups local-groups add-members -vserver <vserver> -group-name BUILTIN\Administrators -member-names <domain\user>
::> vserver cifs users-and-groups local-groups add-members -vserver <vserver> -group-name "BUILTIN\Power Users" -member-names <domain\user>
- The CIFS session used by the client running the MMC to connect to the storage controller needs to be re-established so that the newly added group is present to their credential