- All models of SolidFire storage nodes.
- Has been found during upgrades to Element 12.x but may exist in other versions
- If this happens during an Element upgrade: On the mNode we will show that it made it through the bulk of the upgrade on a node and then hangs at:
"PostInstallKexecLoad 87%: Loading kexec kernel".
- Unable to access the node UI.
- Unable to send APIs to node, therefore SSH cannot be enabled.
- If the system's console can be viewed (either locally or via BMC remote control):
> The following error is displayed during boot:
[FAILED] Failed to start The nginx HTTP and reverse proxy server.
See 'systemctl status nginx.service' for details.
> Once the node is fully booted, the following is displayed instead of the normal login screen:
--- Error ---
API server error. Please fix issues and retry.
- If the node has been removed from the cluster it will not show up as a "Pending" node for the cluster until this issue is resolved.