- Clustered Data ONTAP 8
- Data ONTAP 8 7-Mode
- ONTAP 9
SnapMirror Interoperability between ONTAP versions
Version Restrictions for SnapMirror
Verify that the source and destination volumes are running compatible ONTAP versions before creating a SnapMirror data protection relationship.
Note: Due to the ONTAP Release model, SnapMirror source or destination clusters utilizing Feature Releases instead of Long Term Support (LTS) Releases may have limited compatibility with other major ONTAP Releases.
- Refer to the following links on the NetApp Support site:
- Compatible ONTAP versions for SnapMirror relationships
- XDP replaces DP as the SnapMirror default in ONTAP 9.3
- TR-4015 (pg 53) 11.10: SnapMirror and Data ONTAP Version Dependencies
- Refer to the ONTAP Software Version Support for information about Support and Cadence for LTS Releases and Feature Releases.
SnapMirror Interoperability between Data ONTAP 7-Mode and Clustered ONTAP 8.x or ONTAP 9: It is only supported to mirror data in the direction from Data ONTAP 7-Mode to Clustered ONTAP 8.x or ONTAP 9 for the purpose of transition to Clustered ONTAP or ONTAP 9. See Transition from 7-Mode for more details. It is not supported to use SnapMirror or SnapVault in the direction from clustered Data ONTAP or ONTAP 9 to Data ONTAP 7-Mode.
- For details on 7-Mode to 7-Mode SnapMirror version interoperability, see Prerequisites for SnapMirror.