- ONTAP 9
- This article describes how to transition the 7-Mode SnapLock Compliance volumes with SnapMirror relationship to clustered Data ONTAP.
- The transition of the SnapLock volumes is supported by 3.1 or later versions of the 7-Mode Transition Tool if a target cluster is running ONTAP 9.0 or later.
- You can transition standalone SnapLock Compliance volumes and SnapLock Compliance volumes which are in SnapMirror relationship using 7-Mode Transition Tool.
- However, 7-Mode Transition Tool does not automate the transition of SnapMirror relationships for SnapLock Compliance volumes.
- The workflow for the transitioning standalone SnapLock Compliance volumes is the same as that of FlexVol volumes.
- For SnapLock Compliance volumes which are in SnapMirror relationships, you must transition primary and secondary SnapLock compliance volumes as standalone volumes using the 7-Mode Transition Tool.
- Once the transition of primary and secondary SnapLock Compliance volumes is completed, you must manually perform the SnapMirror resynchronization operation.
- You can include the SnapLock Compliance primary and secondary volumes, as a standalone volume in Standalone Primary or Secondary projects.
- If you are performing a staggering transition for non-SnapLock Compliance volumes, it is best practice to include the SnapLock Compliance primary volumes in the primary project and SnapLock Compliance secondary volumes in the second project of the staggered transition workflow.
- If you are transitioning only SnapLock Compliance volumes which are in the SnapMirror relationship, create two standalone projects where all the primary volumes are included in the first project and secondary volumes are included in the second project.
- During the transition, the 7-Mode Transition Tool makes sure that the secondary SnapLock Compliance volumes are always in read-only mode.
- The secondary clustered Data ONTAP SnapLock Compliance volumes must be in read-only mode for the resynchronization operation to be successful between transitioned primary and secondary SnapLock Compliance volumes.