OnCommand Unified Manager (OCUM)
ActiveIQ Unified Manager (AIQUM)
- The volume layer, or WAFL layer, is a maximum of 64kB in size.
- The protocol (LUN or CIFS/NFS operations) can be bigger (65kB to megabytes in size) in operation size.
- Multiple operations are broken up into parallel 64kB requests between the protocol and WAFL.
- This may also impact a QoS policy:
- QoS policies engage at protocol layer operation counts.
Example: Microsoft SQL may do database queries on a LUN in 256kB sequential reads which translate to 4 64kB WAFL read messages.
- To compare the two, you can use the following commands:
Cluster::> set diag -c off; statistics start -object volume-vserver <SVM name> -instance <volume name> -node <node where data LIF is>
Cluster::> qos statistics volume performance show -vserver <SVM name> -volume <volume name>
- NetApp Harvest volume view shows metrics from the WAFL layer (similar to
statistics start -object volume).
Example: Screenshots of IOPs from Harvest and AIQUM