- ONTAP 9
- MDV_CRS volumes are used for the Configuration Replication Service which is used in MetroCluster and SVM-DR (vserver disaster recovery) configurations.
- MDV_CRS volumes are created and managed by ONTAP and cannot be created manually. It may be impossible to online an MDV_CRS volume which has been made offline or to re-create a deleted MDV_CRS volume.
- If you have MDV_CRS volumes blocking operations, causing other issues, or if you have inadvertently deleted an MDV_CRS volume,
- The solution requires Diagnostic-level recovery.
- The use of Diagnostic commands and recovery steps is potentially disruptive and should only be used with guidance from NetApp Support.