CIFS slowness issue observed after receiving Nblade.vscanConnInactive alerts
- ONTAP 9
- 3rd party AntiVirus Scanner
- Symantec Protection Engine
- CIFS share slowness is observed when VSCAN is enabled.
- Error reported in EMS logs:
Fri Jun 18 04:27:59 +0800 [node-02: kernel: Nblade.vscanConnInactive:notice]: For Vserver "svm03", ONTAP(R) forcibly closed the vscan connection originated from the nonresponsive AV server "10.a.b.c".
- On the antivirus server side, below error was reported in windows event logs:
Symantec Protection Engine has failed to connect to RPC client