Why is Unified Manager showing a status of 'Yes' in the Applicable to Cluster column for the EMS event(s) added, but is not receiving EMS notifications from a cluster?
- Last Updated:
- OnCommand Unified Manager (OCUM) 7.x - 9.5.x
- Active IQ Unified Manager (AIQUM) 9.6.x+
- Unified Manager will display a status of 'Yes' if at least one subscription has been successful with a cluster.
- To verify all clusters have been successfully configured, execute clustershell commands on each cluster that is reported to not be sending events to verify that Unified Manager is listed as a syslog destination and that the event of interest is configured to be routed to the Unified Manager syslog destination.
- EMS events are sent using the syslog protocol which uses port 514. Verify that port 514 is open to send UDP traffic to Unified Manager.
- Verify the EMS event in question is applicable to the ONTAP release for a clusters monitored by Unified Manager by querying ONTAP for the event in question via clustershell commands.
Refer to the following articles for more setup information about EMS-based event subscriptions in Active IQ Unified Manager:
- How to identify EMS events for subscription in Active IQ Unified Manager
- How to configure and receive alerts from ONTAP EMS Event Subscription in Active IQ Unified Manager
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and Troubleshooting KB Articles for ActiveIQ Unified Manager ONTAP EMS subscription based events