- VMware vSphere
- One of the basic primitives in the VAAI (vStorage APIs for Array Integration) toolbox is its ability to perform offloaded clones of virtual machines in VMware environments also known as 'Hardware Accelerated Move'
- The requirements for this to work, as well as the determination of what engine is used, can be confusing due to the number of options available.
- Troubleshooting these issues can be equally as difficult, and this article describes the procedure that should be followed to determine whether:
- Offloading should be occurring.
- If ESX is requesting the offloading to occur, AND
- If the controller is receiving and executing the offloading requested.