- ONTAP 9
- NetApp Harvest
- Clustered Data Ontap (CDOT)
- The NetApp Harvest performance monitoring tool may report high system utilization for "WAFL Write Cleaning":
- "WAFL Write Cleaning" is NetApp Harvest's terminology for the time the controller spent processing Consistency Points (CP)
- Consistency Points have several phases; WAFL Write Cleaning refers to a specific phase of the consistency point where metadata is gathered from disk
- The presence of high system utilization due to WAFL Write Cleaning is not indicative of a performance problem; it is a completely normal performance state
Add your text here.