- ONTAP 9
- Yes, both UDP and TCP traffic contributes to the 100,000 connection limit per node.
- Connection ID (CID) limit is 100K
- UDP is considered stateless, but ONTAP holds an internal "connection-id" open for 2 minutes in case another call comes in on the same ip/port combination
- UDP CIDs have a lifecycle of at least 4 seconds, but no more than 60 seconds, if idle
- When 95% of 100K connection limit is breached, ONTAP begins deleting the Least Recently Used (LRU) UDP CID
- If new connections outpace the deletion rate, new UDP and TCP connections may see intermittent un-responsiveness