7-Mode Transition Tool
This article provides the procedure to add the required secondary cluster details to the primary project.
At a high level, the following steps describe the process involved in the transition of primary and secondary 7-Mode volumes and how to retain the SnapMirror relationships during the transition:
- Compose a secondary project with all the secondary 7-Mode volumes.
- Compose a primary project with all the primary 7-Mode volumes.
- Add the primary 7-Mode details to the secondary project and add secondary cluster SVM details to the primary project.
- Start baseline and complete (cutover) the secondary project first. During the complete operation of the secondary project, 7-Mode Transition Tool creates SnapMirror relationships between 7-Mode primary volumes and secondary cluster SVM volumes.
- Start the baseline and complete the primary project. The Primary project complete (cutover) operation happens only after the completion (cutover) of the secondary project.During the complete operation of the primary project, the 7-Mode Transition Tool deletes SnapMirror relationships between 7-Mode primary volumes and secondary cluster SVM volumes and creates SnapMirror relationships between primary cluster SVM volumes and the secondary cluster SVM volumes.
While transitioning primary 7-Mode volumes using the 7-Mode Transition Tool, provide the secondary cluster SVM information to the primary project. The secondary cluster SVM is the target SVM that hosts the transitioned secondary 7-Mode volumes (that is, SVM that is added to the secondary project as target SVM).These details are required by the primary project to create volume SnapMirror relationships between primary SVM volumes and secondary SVM volumes during the complete (cutover) operation of the primary project.
Without the secondary cluster SVM details added to the primary project, tool will not be able to create the required volume SnapMirorr relationships between primary cluster SVM volumes and secondary cluster SVM volumes during the complete (cutover) operation of primary projects. The tool displays a warning message during the precheck operation if all the required secondary cluster SVM details are not added to the primary project.