OS: ONTAP 9.0 and later
- Secondary SnapVault Snapshot can be created on destination volume (Type DP) of a snapmirror relation using snapmirror policy schedule.
- The snapmirror policy add-rule command adds a rule to a SnapMirror policy. Rules define which Snapshot copies are protected by vault relationships or define the schedule at which Snapshot copies are created on the SnapMirror destination. Rules which include a schedule are rules for creating Snapshot copies on the SnapMirror destination.
- This schedule creates independent snapshot copies on a SnapVault Destination volume.
- But Snapshot creation on destination snaplock volume (Type DP) using snapmirror policy (-schedule ) is not supported.
- There are no error message or warning reported by ONTAP about this behavior during snapmirror policy creation or during assigning the schedule to snapmirror relationship.
- To know more about Secondary SnapVault Snapshot click this