- ONTAP 9.4 and later
- Applications that use SnapDiff v2 for backup
- Rubrik backup displays "Failed 'NETAPP' 'Snapdiff' metadata scan for fileset [fileset name] from [path to share]'. Falling back to regular metadata scan."
- The error may be noticed in the Rubrik Activities list during backup of a NAS Share.
- As the metadata scan falls back to "regular metadata scan" when SnapDiff metadata scan fails, the job can still complete successfully.
- In the Activity Detail of such a job, the following events are logged:
- Rubrik is able to successfully create a snapshot using vserver admin credentials (such as vsadmin.)
- Rubrik is able to successfully mount the SMB network share using stored credentials.
- Rubrik reports
"Failed 'NETAPP' 'Snapdiff' metadata scan for fileset [fileset name] from [path to share]'. Falling back to regular metadata scan."
- If the configuration is checked, the cause of the SnapDiff error is elusive.
- Rubrik indicates the status of the NAS share as "connected."
- The Rubrik Activity Detail shows that both vserver admin and share credentials are correct.
- (NetApp cluster) The SMB network share is serving data to clients
- As both the application and clients can access the share, we can infer the data LIF is configured correctly for SMB client access.
- (NetApp cluster)