- The article covers how to generate signed SSL certificates using Microsoft Certreq
- This article provides steps to:
- Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) and
- Import the certificate that can be obtained from a Certificate Authority (CA) using the generated CSR
- The process outlined ensures that the certificate has a private key associated with it.
|Ensure to follow the whole procedure on the same server.|
- The Microsoft Certreq tool is available by default on a Windows Server 2008 R2 system. So, CSR can be generated.
Note: The tool uses a configuration file to generate a certificate request.