- SnapCenter Plugin for SQL
- SnapCenter Plugin for Exchange
- SnapCenter Plugin for Windows
- In some circumstances, you may need to uninstall/re-install the plug-in services and software without removing the host from the SnapCenter UI or CMDLET, for example because you do not want to lose the restorability of the existing backups done onthat plugin-host.
- Removing the host and re-adding he host from SnapCenter 4.1.1P1 GUI or PowerShell CMDLET will re-add the host with a different host id in the SnapCenter metadata 'NSM' database: all previously taken backups will be associated to the old host id and not the new one.
- In order to avoid this issue, don't remove the host from the GUI or PowerShell but follow the procedure in this article.
- This article gives you an example of how to manually remove old installations of any Windows Plug-In host services and how to install SnapCenter plugin for windows and SMCORE again, from within the Plug-In host itself.