How to purge unprotected Exchange Online Mailboxes?
- Last Updated:
- SaaS back-up
- Microsoft 0365 -Exchange Online Mailbox
Action Steps to take:
1. Click the configuration icon next to your SaaS Backup user id in the top left corner
2. SelectACCOUNT SETTINGS
3. ClickRETAIN AND PURGE
4. UnderPurge Data, select theType of Service(Exchange, OneDrive, or SharePoint) from the dropdown menu
5. Search for the user that you want to purge, for Microsoft Exchange Online enter the user or Microsoft 365 group name
NOTE: If the user has an archive mailbox, the username of the archive mailbox is prefixed by "In-Place Archive"
6. When the search result returns, click the to select the user or Microsoft 365 group
8. ClickYes to confirm that you want purge the data
Purged data is recoverable for seven days. After seven days, the data is permanently deleted and the user license is automatically released.