- NetApp SolidFire Storage Nodes
- NetApp H Series Storage Nodes
One of the following NetApp storage nodes may generate an AutoSupport (ASUPP) case reporting: SFCOMM:SolidFire Alert from <cluster name> (Node Offline) Node Offline nodeID=x
The following error codes are seen in the Event Logs:
- Error Code: driveFailed | Details: xx drive(s) with state: "NodeOffline" driveID: xx
- Error Code: unresponsiveService | Details: A block service is not responding is reported on each assigned hard drive.
- Error Code: unresponsiveService | Details: A bulk volume service is not responding.
- Error Code: driveAvailable | Details: Node ID xx has xx available drive(s).
- Error Code: nodeOffline | Details: The SolidFire Application cannot communicate with the Storage node having node ID xx.
- Error Code: sliceServiceUnhealthy | Details: A metadata service is unhealthy and SolidFire is attempting to migrate data away from it.
- Error Code: blockServiceUnhealthy | Details: A block service is unhealthy and SolidFire is attempting to migrate data away from it is reported on all drives.
- The node recovers from the offline status in less than (10) minutes
- The drives were temporarily marked as Failed
Note: This can happen on a single or on multiple nodes.
Note: The drive(s) marked as Failed by the Cluster Master node because it could no longer communicate with the drives due to the stopped block services. If the block services are not recovered within 5 1/2 minutes, the drives will automatically sync out and NetApp support should be contacted to help determine if the drives can be re-added back into the node's configuration.