NetApp Hardware Universe (HWU) provides the node and cluster maximum volume counts.
- Select the hardware family (AFF/FAS/etc) from the Products dropdown menu
- Select the specific hardware platform from the menu. If your product is not shown, click the Show EOA Platforms box and select it
- Choose the version of ONTAP running on the system from the resulting menu. If your version of ONTAP is not shown, make sure the Show All radio button is selected.
- Select Show Results at the bottom of the page
- Search for Maximum number of flexible volumes - SAN or Maximum number of flexible volumes - NAS as appropriate for your environment.