Troubleshooting Workflow: Node is out of CLAM quorum in ONTAP 9
- ONTAP 9
- A node is out of 'CLAM quorum'
- AutoSupport: NODE(S) OUT OF CLUSTER QUORUM
- Connectivity, Liveness, Availability Monitor (CLAM), are functions used by each node in the cluster to monitor the availability of the other nodes.
- When CLAM detects a communication fault on the cluster network or a node outage it will initiate an HA takeover of the isolated node(s) to maintain the service of the faulted node(s) data.
- Each node in the cluster will generate and send an AutoSupport with the reason
NODE(S) OUT OF CLUSTER QUORUMcontaining the diagnostic data needed to identify the cause of the fault.
Note Changes to CLAM availability
- CLAM takeover is being made the default for all systems (SAN or NAS) in ONTAP 9.8 and later
- Previously, it was the default only for SAN systems
- Ability to configure CLAM takeover are available at the advanced privilege in 9.6P11, 9.7P8, 9.8 and later
- For more information review SU436: CLAM takeover default configuration changed