- ONTAP 9
- Nodes with more than 2 Cluster LIFs
- Not applicable to:
- ONTAP Select
- Cloud Volumes
- Switchless Clusters
Clusters impacted by this risk may experience an out of quorum event if a cluster network switch fails or is rebooted. An out of quorum event may result in loss of data access.
All of the cluster LIFs configured on a node should be evenly balanced between both switches. When the sitelist IP configuration does not connect to two different cluster interconnect switches, then the node is NOT configured for full redundancy over the cluster interconnect.
This risk has identified a cabling issue where the following is NOT true:
- In four cluster network interfaces per node configurations, then:
- Two LIFs should be home on ports connected on cluster interconnect switch #1.
- Two LIFs should be home on ports connected to cluster interconnect switch #2.
- The two cluster interfaces listed in ONTAP's sitelist table for each node are on seperate switches.
The cluster network interfaces in the sitelist table on each node are distributed evenly between two cluster switches: