- Cisco switches
- Cluster switch / MetroCluster IP switch
- ONTAP 9.8 and later
- ONTAP 9.7P7 and later
- ONTAP 9.6P8 and later
- ONTAP 9.5P14 and later
Enabling periodic data collection of Cisco Cluster, Storage or MetroCluster switches can significantly reduce time to solution of support cases and enables proactive notification based on switch data (delivered via Active IQ Digital Advisor Risks).
- This article describes how to enable periodic data collection for Cisco switches in ONTAP 9.
- Once configured, data collection by ONTAP will occur on an hourly basis.
- The procedure is not applicable to NetApp CN1610 switches.
- For Broadcom BES-53248 switches: How to enable periodic switch data collection for Broadcom BES-53248 cluster switches