How to sanitize all disks in ONTAP 9.6+
- ONTAP 9.6 and later
- Disk sanitization
- Maintenance Mode
- Does not apply:
- Self Encrypting Drives (SED)
This guide will describes how to sanitize all of the attached disks in ONTAP 9.6+.
WARNING: This procedure will wipe all data on the system. There is no recovery procedure following this process.
Note: Do not turn off power to the node, disrupt the storage connectivity, or remove target disks while sanitizing.
- Check drive firmware level and update to latest level.
- If sanitizing is interrupted during the formatting phase, the formatting phase must be restarted and allowed to finish before the disks are sanitized and ready to be returned to the spare pool.
- If you need to abort the sanitization process, you can do so by using the
disk sanitize abortcommand.
- If the specified disks are undergoing the formatting phase of sanitization, the abort does not execute until the phase is complete.