How to use smtape to seed a SnapMirror relationship over USB/disk on 7-Mode systems
- Last Updated:
ONTAP 8.x 7-Mode
- This KB describes the procedure to create SnapMirror baseline transfers using SMTAPE in very slow throughput network by dumping the source volume to image file and copy them to the destination using USB stick.
- Smtape is used to replicate data that cannot be sent over a WAN.
- Smtape allows you to seed the initial SnapMirror transfer over tape and then establish a SnapMirror relationship by utilizing the WAN for future updates.
- In case a tape drive is not available in the environment, smtape can be utilized to seed a SnapMirror relationship by using a USB/disk to the destination site.
- This KB explains to use USB stick or file copy method as media.