- Extended Data Protection (XDP)
- ONTAP 9
This article describes the procedure to run a SnapMirror reverse resync with “
-quick-resync true" only works with Type XDP relationships.
This parameter helps reduce the completion time for SnapMirror reverse resync in a scenario where these three conditions exist:
- An XDP SnapMirror or SVMDR reverse resync takes much longer than expected
- It appears as if transfers are very slow, with low amount of data sent to the destination
- snapmirror show or ONTAP System Manager reports a SnapMirror Relationship Status of "Preparing" for a significant amount of time, indicating an ongoing Data Warehouse rebuild operation
About Data Warehouse rebuild operations
- Relationships with a Relationship Status of Preparing are involved in a Data Warehouse rebuild operation
- The Data Warehouse includes metadata critical in maintaining deduplication savings from the source volume
- Data Warehouse rebuilds are expected for Type-XDP SnapMirror or SVMDR relationships, when the relationship is reversed in a reverse resync or "flip resync"