ONTAP 9.4 or later
IBM Spectrum Protect v 8.1.9
SnapDiff incremental backup of FlexGroup volume
- NetApp Snapshot Difference incremental backup (SnapDiff backup) is a feature offered by IBM TSM / Spectrum Protect.
- For NetApp FlexVols, this feature uses SnapDiff API v1 calls.
- For NetApp FlexGroup volumes, this feature requires SnapDiff API v2 calls.
- When performing a SnapDiff incremental backup of a FlexGroup volume, Spectrum Protect fails with ANS1626E / ANS520E (unexpected error was encountered.) The specific reason for the failure is:
ONTAP snapdiff-iter-start API: error='SnapDiff version 1 is not supported for Flexgroup.'
- Support for SnapDiff backup of FlexGroups was added to ONTAP 9.4.
- SnapDiff backup of FlexGroups requires SnapDiff API v2.
- SnapDiff API v2 is available in ONTAP 9.4 or later.
- Applications that do not support SnapDiff API v2 are not able to perform SnapDiff backup of a FlexGroup volume.
Once SnapDiff API v2 is added to Spectrum Protect, this section will be updated with version information.