- When using NDMP in the 'SVM-Scope' mode, authentication can be configured either through the Cluster or data SVMs.
- When authenticating to the cluster, a single NDMP user manages all NDMP backup/restore operations in the cluster.
- When authenticating to a data SVM, a NDMP user helps manage NDMP backup/restore operations for that data SVM and its resources.
- An NDMP control connection can be established on different LIF types. In the SVM-scoped NDMP mode, these LIFs belong to either the data SVM or admin SVM.
- Availability of volumes and tape devices for backup and restore on different LIF types
- NDMP data connection types