- ONTAP 9
- Oracle VM Server 3.4 / Oracle Linux Virtualization Manager / Oracle Linux KVM (OVM)
- Windows Server 2019 Standard Failover Cluster (WSFC)
- Fiber Channel LUN
- Microsoft Windows cluster is accessing affected LUN on one node but is unable to mount the Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) on FC LUN on the other node with error:
Failure issuing call to Persistent Reservation RELEASE on Test Disk 3
- Windows Event Log messages:
Error 8/11/2022 3:01:24 PM Microsoft-Windows-FailoverClustering 1038 S-1-5-18 Ownership of cluster disk 'Cluster Disk 3' has been unexpectedly lost by this node. Run the Validate a Configuration wizard to check your storage configuration.
Error 8/11/2022 3:01:24 PM Microsoft-Windows-FailoverClustering 1792 S-1-5-18 Cluster physical disk resource failed periodic health check.
- FC LUN is directly presented to Windows VM via OVM
- SAN Fabric has no increased link error counters
- Issue persists rebooting affected Windows VM reboot and OVM host
- Issue persists clearing SCSI-3 reservations in ONTAP