Why does ONTAP initiate a connection on a port other than 4045 for for NLM callbacks?
- ONTAP 9
- UNIX or UNIX-like operating system
- Network Lock Manager (NLM)
- Clients request NLM locks with requests sent to ONTAP on port 4045.
- If a blocking lock cannot be granted immediately, ONTAP will later send a callback to the client when the lock is granted.
- The callback will be done from ONTAP to the client using a port discovered using the port mapper.
The NLM port used by ONTAP can be configured using
nfs option modify -nlm-port.