What is the 'L2 Terminate' ifstat counter?
- ONTAP operating in 7-mode
- ONTAP 8
- ONTAP 9
The 'L2 Terminate' counter records when a packet is dropped at Layer 2.
There are several scenarios that increase this counter:
- Broadcast ARP received on a port without an IP address
- Broadcast ARP received on a port that is down
- Unicast packet received with the port's MAC address, but not the port's IP address
- Unicast packet received on inactive port in a single-mode ifgroup
- LACPDU is received on a non-LACP port
Add your text here.