- ONTAP 9
- MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit)
- MSS (Maximum Segment Size)
- IP fragmentation
- No, so long as the larger MTU (9000) never sends anything larger then the smaller MTU (1500), there will be no IP fragmentation
- The NFS client is the only side who initiates the TCP connection (three-way handshake) and the MSS will limit the size of the frames on the NAS side, thus there will be no IP fragmentation
- The IP fragmentation on the NAS (ONTAP) side can be checked by looking at (look for the keyword "
::> system node run -node * -command "netstat -s -p ip"