- ONTAP 9.5
- MAC OS Client 10.14, 10.15
- Microsoft Distributed File System (DFS)
- Mac OS client attempted to connect to a DFS target that points to a subfolder under a CIFS share
- SMB access using the DFS path that points to the ONTAP share fails from a MAC OS client (no files are displayed)
- SMB access using the direct path to the ONTAP share is successful from a MAC OS client (files are displayed and accessible)
- SMB access to the both paths from a Windows client is successful (files are displayed and accessible)
- CIFS share Symlink Properties (-symlink-properties) attribute is configured as "enable"