Upgrading an X7 switch directly to FOS v9.1.x from FOS v9.0.x result in the active CP becoming non-responsive as per Brocade TSB 2022-286-A
- Last Updated:
- Brocade X7-8 and X7-4 switches
- All other platforms are not at risk to encounter this issue
- Upgrading an X7 Director directly to FOS v9.1.x from FOS v9.0.x after performing a
“firmware clean install”operation with the FOS v9.0.x firmware will result in the Active CP becoming non-responsive.
- After an upgrade to FOS v9.1.x, the Active CP will show
FAULTY (53)and will essentially be unresponsive. No output on the serial console. The management and service ports are no longer accessible, and they will not respond to a ping.
- The X7 director will continue to operate, but will only have a single functional CP.