Brocade X7 Switch
Laser_Fltreported on switch port under
Index Slot Port Address Media Speed State Proto
128 4 32 6f8000 id N32 Laser_Flt FC
Errdumpreports below event:
2023/05/15-08:47:07 (IST), [C5-1001], 384913, SLOT 1 | CHASSIS | PORT 4/32, ERROR, SWITCH, S4,P32(Bp1) user_idx:128 [PID 0x6f80xx] faulted due to invalid SFP, conflicting speed or laser fault. Check if the SFP or port speed is valid for the configuration.
sfpshowoutput reports the Tx power as -inf and very low Rx power.
Slot 4/Port 32:
RX Power: -34.0 dBm (0.4 uW)
TX Power: -inf dBm (0.0 uW)
- Below troubleshooting steps tried to isolate the issue further:
- Replaced switch end sfp.
- Moved the cable from the affected port ( in this example 4/32) to a free working port and observed that the Rx/Tx power is optimal on the new port indicating the cable is working fine.
- On port 4/32 even when no cable was connected, the status was showing as
- Swapped sfp from a working port to affected port (4/32 in this example) and the port status was still the same i.e
laser_fltindicating there is no issues with sfp.
- In order to further isolate the issue further, remove the SFP on the affected port and examine the receptacle of the blade that usually houses it.
- Post that check for debris, and maybe try to use compressed air to clean it
- Replace with the same SFP on port 4/32 and check the port status.
- If the
laser_fltis still not cleared, then the blade in slot 4 will need to be replaced.