- SANtricity OS 11.80 or earlier
- Online volume copy is performed by SMCli
- No volumeCopy with the same source and target combination exists
- One of the following conditions is met
- Target volume is assigned to a host
- Resource provisioning is enabled on EF300 or EF600
create volumeCopy command fails
> smcli <IP> -u admin -p <PASSWORD> -k -c "create volumeCopy source=<SOURCE_VOLUME> target=<TARGET_VOLUME> copyType=online copyPriority=highest;"
Performing syntax check...
Syntax check complete.
The operation cannot complete because the volume entered is not a valid target volume candidate. Possible causes include: the volume is a secondary volume in a mirrored pair, a mirror repository
volume, a snapshot repository volume, a snapshot volume, a base volume of an active snapshot volume, a Snapshot Volume (snapshot-image based), a thin volume, a source volume in a copy pair that i
s currently Pending, In Progress, or Failed, or is the same volume that you entered as the source volume for this copy pair. Please select a different target volume (Standard volume) and then ret
ry the operation.
The command at line 1 that caused the error is:
create volumeCopy source=<SOURCE_VOLUME> target=<TARGET_VOLUME> copyType=online copyPriority=highest;
Script execution halted due to error.