Can third-party components of Active IQ Unified Manager be updated?
- Last Updated:
- Active IQ Unified Manager
- Oncommand Unified Manager 6.x+
Third-party components such as MySQL and OpenJDK can be updated for binary installations of Unified Manager on Windows or RHEL/CentOS.
- Consult the software installation guide for Unified Manager and check the supported release families prior to updating third party components.
- Make sure that you have either a VM snapshot of the server or a Unified Manager backup prior to updating any component.
- Stop the services before updating any component.
- Restart the services after updating the component.
**Please note that updating third-party components may result in unexpected behavior due to bugs introduced by the the third-party component.**
Mysql 8.0.22 caused Unified Manager discoveries to fail.