Error messages show on upgrade console: Failed to execute sh command with '/etc/init.d/sg-snmp-agent start' on localhost
- Last Updated:
StorageGRID 11.2.x or later
- After upgrading the StorageGRID from 11.1.x to 11.2.x, the problem occurs.
- Error messages show on upgrade console:
Failed to execute sh command with '/etc/init.d/sg-snmp-agent start' on localhost - 1, starting sg-snmp-agent ... failed to start: entered error state.
- The NMS services are Not Running on the Admin nodes (NetApp® StorageGRID® Webscale GUI -- Support -- Grid Topology -- Admin nodes -- NMS).
- On the bycast-err.log is showing:
Apr 16 20:26:56 StorageGridadmin0001 NODEX: @cee:time="2019-04-16T20:26:56Z" level=error msg="ERROR: netstat collector failed after 0.000378s: couldn't get SNMP stats: open /proc/net/snmp: no such file or directory" source="node_exporter.go:91"
- SNMP service is in an error state:
2020-03-11 08:17:45 +0000 | sg-snmp-agent | manually starting service that is currently in an error state - removing error state