StorageGRID reports LowObjectDataStorage indicating the space available for storing object data is low.
- Select ALERTS > Current. The Alerts page appears.
- From the table of alerts, expand the Low object data storage alert group, if required, and select the alert you want to view.
- Review the details in the dialog box, and note the following:
- Time triggered
- The name of the site and node
- The current values of the metrics for this alert
- Select NODES > Storage Node or Site > Storage
- Hover your cursor over the Storage Used - Object Data graph. The following values are shown:
- Used (%): The percentage of the Total usable space that has been used for object data.
- Used: The amount of the Total usable space that has been used for object data.
- Replicated data: An estimate of the amount of replicated object data on this node, site, or grid.
- Erasure-coded data: An estimate of the amount of erasure-coded object data on this node, site, or grid.
- Total: The total amount of usable space on this node, site, or grid. The Used value is the
- Select the time controls above the graph to view storage use over different time periods.
- Looking at storage use over time can help you understand how much storage was used before and after the alert was triggered and can help you estimate how long it might take for the node’s remaining space to become full.
- As soon as possible, perform an expansion procedure to add storage capacity.
- You can add storage volumes (LUNs) to existing Storage Nodes, or you can add new Storage Nodes
- If possible, purge/delete data
- It is not possible to rebalance Replicated Data on StorageGRID, only Erasure coded (EC) data can be rebalanced: Considerations for rebalancing erasure-coded data.