- There are a number of issues that can cause a StorageGRID storage node to return an Storage Status (SSTS) Error.
- When the node encounters one of these issues, it will change the value of SSTS to 'Error' and go into an offline state. This is done to protect data from file system corruption or other issues.
- Possible causes of SSTS errors are:
- Permissions issues
- Storage Health check timeouts
- Hardware Failures
- Filesystem related issues (i.e filesystem corruption)
- The following alarms will be reported in the StorageGRID management interface (GMI):
Critical SSTS (Storage Status) Error
ORSU Outbound Replication Status - Storage Unavailable
VSTU - Object Verification Status - Not Started