- HCI 1.6 with EVC scale patch
- HCI 1.7 with EVC scale patch
- HCI 1.8 or newer without EVC scale patch
- EVC enabled in ESX
- CVE-2018-3646 vulnerabilities have been patched on nodes in the cluster
- VSS in use on the ESX cluster
When attempting to add a net-new or replacement compute node into an HCI cluster with EVC enabled, the Easy Scale function of the NetApp Deployment Engine (NDE) adds the node to the existing compute cluster, but subsequently fails at the "Connect to vCenter" step with error: "
An error occurred while joining vCenter."