- Cloud Volumes ONTAP
- OnCommand Cloud Manager (OCCM)
- This article provides guidelines for registering your Cloud Volumes ONTAP Hourly (Pay-as-you-go) serial number to activate Support.
- Each Hourly Cloud Volumes ONTAP instance generates a NetApp serial number upon creation of the Working Environment (WE).
- The serial number for Hourly Cloud Volumes ONTAP starts with a '902' prefix.
- Customers are strongly recommended to register their Cloud Volumes ONTAP Hourly serial number shortly after WE creation completes for that instance.
- Registration does not affect the usage of the product. Registration is purely to activate NetApp Support entitlement.
- Support services like software download, web case, and phone support can be impacted if support entitlement is not activated appropriately.
- NetApp provides two methods to register the Cloud Volumes ONTAP serial number:
- Serial number registration using both methods above only apply to Hourly (PayGo) Cloud Volumes ONTAP instances.
- Product registration for BYOL instances is activated as part of the NetApp sales order process.