- Global File Cache (GFC)
- Pre-Population (PrePop) Jobs
- TappNProcessing log
- When there is a delay from the time that a PrePop is triggered and when it actually shows Fetching files is an indication that the "Filter by file type" option is being used.
- This can be seen in the TappNProcessing log, located in
- When using the Filter by file type option, GFC checks every file you have set for the PrePop and gathers a list of the files it needs to fetch and process.
- In the example shown below, a Prepop job is being configured to run on
\\gfc-jm-fs1\share6, using the Filter by file type set to Include
.jpg. When the job executes, the Prepop mechanisim will check every file regardless of extention type to create a list of all .jpg (this list is written to memory and will not be shown in any log). Once all of the files have been reviewed the job will begin to fetch and process the targetd .jpg files.
- The amount of time it takes to create the list and start to execute will vary based on the number of objects GFC would have to go though.
Please not that the Filter by file type field is case sensitive