- SAN/Block Protocols
When connectivity between ONTAP and Fabricpool is interrupted, I/O will time out. The effect of I/O time outs is different per protocol.
- NFS will return error message
EJUKEBOXfor v3 and
- NFS clients will retry after 5 seconds.
- If it still gets the same error, NFS client will hang, until connection recovers.
- CIFS will return
STATUS_INTERNAL_ERRORto the client.
- CIFS does not retry on the error.
- Each application can react differently.
- If a block in the object store environment is required and remains unreachable for two minutes, a read error is returned to the host.
- ONTAP volumes and LUNs will stay online
- Host OS might flag the file system as being in an error state.