- NetApp compute nodes stopped reporting
- Relevant API methods (methods that their name starts with vCenter ...) are not being updated at the API collection tab of the cluster on ActiveIQ
- NMA logs have invalid login or similar entries when it is trying to connect to the vCenter (article How to troubleshoot NetApp Monitoring Agent (NMA) for NetApp HCI can be used to check logs)
- Changes or add/remove of the compute nodes doesn't gets reflected to ActiveIQ
- Compute Utilization section shows gaps or empty
- Errors/alerts on HCC:
"code": "inventory.computeInventoryError.vcenterAuthError","message": "Error getting host information from compute service for the hosts. This could be due to an authentication error."
Some information may be unavailable because Hybrid Cloud Control can't reach one or more nodes in this installation. Please check the power state and network connectivity for all nodes and ensure in your hypervisor that the witness node virtual machine is powered on, if applicable.
One or more vCenter instances cannot be reached, causing some information to be unavailable.