QoSSIOC service on mNode for VVOLs
- Last Updated:
NetApp Element software
- SIOC only works with standard iSCSI datastores.
- It does not work with VVOLs.
- The job of SIOC is to adjust QOS values on standard iSCSI SolidFire volumes when virtual machine events occur, such as power on/off and guest restart/shutdown.
- The VASA provider on the storage array is required for VVOLS. VASA is a standard part of Element.
- VCP and SIOC are not required for VVOLS.
- Enabling VVOLS on the storage cluster and registering the storage cluster VASA URL with vCenter is required for VVOLS.