- Most Operating Systems (OS) will allow users to rename iSCSI Qualified Name's (IQN).
- NetApp requires that IQNs match the IEEE standard in order to connect to the storage system.
- Host IQNs can be renamed; however, in order to operate with NetApp controllers they must follow this standard.
The standard is as follows:
iqn.1991-05.com.microsoft:winclient1 OR iqn.1991-05.com.microsoft:winclient2
- NetApp also supports the EUI-64 type IQN which takes the format -
- IQNs that do not conform to one of these standards will not work with NetApp.
For example, dashes are allowed in IQN names. Underscores are not allowed.