ONTAP Cluster switch log collection Resolution Guide
- Last Updated:
- Cisco Switches
- Broadcom BES-53248
- Cluster switch / MetroCluster IP switch
- ONTAP 9.5P14 and later
- ONTAP 9.6P8 and later
- ONTAP 9.7P7 and later
- The cluster switch health monitor log collection feature is used to collect switch-related log files in ONTAP.
- Enabling periodic data collection of Cisco Cluster, Storage or MetroCluster switches can significantly reduce time to solution of support cases and enables proactive notification based on switch data (delivered via Active IQ Digital Advisor Risks).
- Once configured, data collection by ONTAP will occur on an hourly basis
- The switch logs will be present in daily, weekly and manually triggered AutoSupports in sections:
- In MetroCluster configurations, only the local cluster-switches will be collected.
Follow this guide to help you locate the proper solution to your question or problem.