False Temperature Warning Alerts on Cluster Switch CN1610
- Last Updated:
- Data ONTAP 8 7-mode
- Clustered Data ONTAP 8.2
- Clustered Data ONTAP 8.3
Example AutoSupport EMS message:
Call home for Health Monitor process cshm: SwitchTemperatureWarn_Alert[switch_name/location].
- CN1610 cluster interconnect switches might generate temperature warnings that are very transient in nature and will not be recorded in the switch logs.
- The Cluster Switch Health Monitor (CSHM) will generate a temperature warning alert when this occurs.
- The CSHM alerts can appear and then disappear as the condition subsides.
- Temperature warnings may not be indications that the switch is faulty. They are simply indications that the switch has experienced a noticeable change in temperature.
- Critical temperature alerts (as opposed to warnings) indicate that the temperature change can lead to a switch shutdown.