- ONTAP 9
- Cluster Network Swtiches
- Metrocluster Fabric Switches
- NetApp Cluster Switch
- Broadcom Switches
- Cisco Switches
- Call home for Health Monitor process cshm: FabricSwitchFan or SwitchFanFail_Alert
The FabricFanSwitchFan or SwitchFanFail_Alert is sent when the fan power supply is not detected and the fan status reads as failed
HA Group Notification from Node Name (Health Monitor process cshm: SwitchFanFail_Alert[Switch Name/Fan-2]) ALERT
System Notification from Node Name (Health Monitor process schm: FabricSwitchFanFail_Alert[Switch WWN]) ALERT
event log show -severity * -message-name callhome*
[Node Name: mgwd: callhome.hm.alert.major:alert]: Call home for Health Monitor process schm: FabricFanSwitch or SwitchFanFail_Alert[Switch Name/WWN].
system health alert show -node <node name> -monitor cluster-switch -alert-id FabricSwitchFanFail_Alert
system health alert show -node <node name> -monitor cluster-switch -alert-id SwitchFanFail_Alert
Resource: Fan Module-3
Indication Time: <date/time>
Probable Cause: The fan "Fan Module-3" on switch "Switch_Name"
Possible Effect: Failure of the fan in the switch "Switch_Name"
might affect its cooling.
Corrective Actions: 1) Ensure that the fans in the switch are operating correctly by using the command "storage switch show -cooling".
2) Ensure that the fan FRUs are properly inserted and
- Verify the power supply is installed.
- Verify the power supply is receiving power.
- Replace the power supply if it is determined to be defective.
- NOTE: If this was part of a planned maintenance activity, please consider disabling automatic case creation for the duration of the maintenance: