- XBR-000192, SFP+, SWL 16G, 1-PK, A subset of optics built with serial numbers HAF618xxxx
- XBR-000193, SFP+, SWL 16G, 8-PK, A subset of optics built with serial numbers HAF618xxxx
- Brocade Switches
- Brocade Technical Support Bulletin (TSB 2019-276-A)
- Broadcom customers have reported optic laser fault failures or low transmit (Tx) power levels when building up, installing and starting up new network equipment.
- In some cases the components are showing a steep slope in degradation.
- Analysis of RMA’d units has determined that the root cause of these failures is isolated to a set of silicon wafers involved in recent process changes.
- Broadcom will replace all optics that are exposed to the wafer problem.
- To determine if 16G optics are exposed to this issue and need to be replaced, capture the below information
- Run SAN Health on all fabrics
- Capture supportsave from every switch and director in the environment running 16G SWL optics.
- Capture the output of the CLI commands ‘switchshow’ and ‘sfpshow-all’ on every logical switch and director in the environment running 16G SWL optics.
|Starting on July 1st 2020, Broadcom will no longer accept any new submittals for this TSB events. Customers will be charged for any replaced but not returned Optics after September 1st 2020.|